Just around the corner from Frederick Place is the Galeed Chapel in Gloucester Road. Built in 1868, it is just the same externally now, as it was then, nearly 90 years ago. If in years to come Gloucester Road is widened on the North side the frontage will have to be set back and rebuilt. This photograph dates from the early part of this century and the only visible difference is that the parish notice board has been moved further to the east.

Image Reference: JG_25_183.tif
Date: c.1900
Image Details: Post Card
Size of Original: 85x130
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: The Chapel is still extant in 2007

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society