Trusler’s Mill – this was formerly known as West Mill and then Streeter’s Mill. Originally standing in Belle Vue Fields, now Regency Square, this was the mill which, in 1797, was moved from there by 36 yoke of oxen to the top of Miller’s Road, a little to the south of the Dyke Road Hotel. In 1866, James Trusler became the owner of the land and mill. It was pulled down in 1885. The original of this photograph was taken in 1883. This copy seems to have been unnecessarily touched up.

Image Reference: JG_26_097.tif
Date: 1883
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 79x130
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Anne Moncrieff
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society