This was a small, thin-bodied, white post mill, which stood to the rear of the house known as Port Hall. The mill yard was afterwards used as a laundry and later, as a garage. It stood here from 1813 until 1887. The photograph was taken from the north, from about the site of Port Hall Street, in 1872 when this was all open ground. It is almost certainly the only photograph of this mill in existence.

Image Reference: JG_26_098.tif
Date: 1872
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 105x80
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Anne Moncrieff
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society