A photographic copy of a drawing of Vine’s Mill. This was built in 1806, on a site behind Vine Place, the spot being now occupied as a car park for staff of the Children’s Hospital, in Powis Grove. William Vine had the mill from 1818 until 1836. Edward Cutress was the last miller when it was pulled down in 1848. No actual photograph of this mill exists.

Image Reference: JG_26_116.tif
Date: 1806
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 109x71
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Anne Moncrieff
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society