The large building, seen in Milton Road, at its junction with Elm Grove, was the first St. Joseph’s Church and Schools, erected about 1870.After the opening of the permanent church in 1879, this building continued to be used as a school and church hall. When this photograph was taken on 21 October 1973, its future was in some doubt. Without actually being demolished it has since been completely extended and reconstructed.
Image Reference: JG_27_001.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 155x96
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Lavander Jones and Duncan McNeill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society