The Flying Dutchman Inn, at the corner of Howard Road, photographed on 17 May 1970. The Elm Grove Estate, in this area, was laid out in 1853/4 and straight away the Inn was built. It is listed in the Brighton Directory for 1855. However, soon after the photograph was taken, and with a licenced life of 115 years, the building was delicenced, and it has since been a private dwelling.
Image Reference: JG_27_002.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 151x113
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Lavander Jones and Duncan McNeill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society