Half way up the street, with the corner of Sussex Terrace just visible at the extreme left.
Further up on the same side was Apollo Terrace, now completely demolished, and beyond can be seen Council houses built on what was known as Tarner’s Land. This was a large plot of ground between Sussex Street and Richmond Street, owned for many years by the Tarner family who lived nearby in St Johns Lodge, Tilbury Place.
In 1932, the Corporation built three new roads of Council houses on this land, so it is safe to say that the photograph dates from that year. The old houses here seen on both sides of the street were demolished in 1938/1939.
Image Reference: JG_27_010.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 202x152
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Lavander Jones and Duncan McNeill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society