A group of boys, the Master and Matron, at the Orphan Boy’s Home, in Upper Lewes Road, in 1919. This was at No.3 just beyond Wakefield Road. The purpose was to “shelter, feed and clothe orphan boys; to educate them in the Scriptures and general knowledge, to qualify them to earn an honest livelihood.” Many a poor Brighton boy had good reason to thank this Home for their start in life.
Image Reference: JG_28_004.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 141x87
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society