Looking north, from just below Pevensey Road, on 12 April 1954. This gives a good clear view of the Kemp Town Railway Viaduct. At the time of this photograph just one coal train crossed the viaduct daily. The final train ran on 26 June 1971, and the Viaduct was demolished during 1976. It thus had a life of 107 years.

Image Reference: JG_28_034.tif
Date: 1954
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 205x141
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society