The recently erected Chapel of the Parochial Cemetery, also in 1865. The cemetery had been opened only a few years earlier, in 1857. Note the vast expanse of open ground behind the chapel, now filled in with gravestones. Both of these photographs were copied from originals taken by the well-known Victorian photographer, Edward Fox.

Image Reference: JG_28_045.tif
Date: 1865
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 209x108
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society