Early photographs, from about 1860, of the recently opened Chapel at the Parochial Cemetery off the Lewes Road. These are recent prints from original wax paper negatives. In this photograph note the low building at the left. This was known for many years as the Shepherds Hut, a stone building, and stood on the east side of Bear Road, near to where the Downs Crematorium is today.

Image Reference: JG_28_046.tif
Date: c.1860
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 187x145
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society