Between Middle and Ship Streets, about 1890 or possibly a little earlier. The imposing central building was occupied by Lewis & Son, Art Dealers and nearby was the Mikado Café still there in the 1950s.
The four ornamental lamps are a mystery. Usually they stood outside the residence of the Mayor but no one living here held that honour at this period.
Image Reference: JG_03_015.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 179x133
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society