The focal point of this photograph is the low building sandwiched between the much larger houses. This was No. 58, Kings Road, to the west of Middle Street and it was famous for its association with William Constable, Brighton’s first photographer. He opened his studio at 57 Marine Parade on 8 November 1841, where he lived until moving to the Kings Road premises in 1852. Constable died at his home in Egremont Place, Brighton on 22 December 1861.
The year of this photo is not known. All one can say is between 1866 and 1886.
Image Reference: JG_03_016.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 157x175
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society