Known originally as the North Steine Enclosures, the gardens were in the hands of private trustees, until they passed into the control of the Corporation in 1897. They were laid out, planted and opened to the public. At the time of these photographs, about 1910, they were still enclosed by high fences and shrubberies. These were removed between 1921 and 1923, and the inner walks here shown became part of the general pavement.
Image Reference: JG_30_043.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 74x52
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society