The Hotel as it was in 1900. It was then described as a “quiet home-like retreat from the noise of the seafront”. As can be seen the roadway was then much narrower than now.
Note the expanse of forecourt and pavement.
It was built at some time between 1800 and 1822 and may have been originally two separate houses.
Image Reference: JG_30_091.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 206x154
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society