The Church photographed from about the same position 100 years later. At the restoration Carpenter rebuilt the chancel in such a manner as to include the chantry, the house type windows in the roof were removed and the entrance moved a little to the East. The roof was raised and the clerestory added in 1894. The trees were planted in 1858. Most of the old tombstones were removed and placed round the edge of the graveyard, and the grounds laid out in 1949.

Image Reference: JG_31_092.tif
Date: 1953
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 157x113
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Frances and Martin Lindsay-Hills
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society