An unusual view, with the old hotel partly demolished, revealing the Royal Oak and adjoining buildings beyond. These were also demolished in the following years for street widening. Note the single decker bus which then ran from Rottingdean to the Downs Hotel, Woodingdean.

Image Reference: JG_32_081.tif
Date: 1933
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 128x80
Place: Rottingdean
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Edward Goring, Rottindean Parish Council and Rottingdean Preservation Society.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society