The four horse bus about to start the ascent of Beacon Hill, from outside the Royal Oak Hotel. When the old cliff road fell into the sea this route had to be substituted and necessitated the use of extra horses.
The Royal Oak and adjoining buildings were removed in 1935 and the cleared space is now a car park.

Image Reference: JG_32_089.tif
Date: Unknown
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 203x106
Place: Rottingdean
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Edward Goring, Rottindean Parish Council and Rottingdean Preservation Society.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society