This close up view of the old narrow promenade dates from the early 1930s. The pillars and the statues on them came from the Wembley Exhibition when it closed in 1925, though they were not erected here for a year of two. They were removed and the promenade widened when Brighton Corporation took over the responsibility of this area from the Saltdean Estate Company.
Image Reference: JG_32_180.tif
Image Details: Post card
Size of Original: 139x88
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Edward Goring, Rottindean Parish Council and Rottingdean Preservation Society.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society