DEVELOPMENT OF LADIES MILE ROAD
The present scene – 1956. Patcham School, on the right, was built in 1936, partly on the site of an early bungalow, known as “The Ark” which is shown in the view above. At the same time Warmdene Road was completed and carried through to join the new road above the school.
The change in name from Drove Road to Ladies Mile Road appears to date from 1925.
Image Reference: JG_35_005.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 154x96
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by the various benefactors of the collection.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society