DEVELOPMENT OF LADIES MILE ROAD
Development began after the 1914 – 18 War, and by the middle of the 1920s many of the houses shown to the right had been built, with long gardens fronting the ancient lane. Land was cheap then and many of these early houses still retain very long back gardens. After the incorporation of this area with Brighton in 1928, building was accelerated. This photograph was taken in 1933, the year in which the road was widened and the Ferguson estate commenced.
Image Reference: JG_35_004.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 154x96
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by the various benefactors of the collection.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society