Photographs of the bungalow, originally called Bewdley, now numbered 27, soon after it was built in 1928.
Houses were first built in this road in 1927 about the same time as Steyning Rural District Council erected the first few houses in Patchdean, then merely a continuance of a very rural Carden Avenue. At this time the area was outside the boundaries of Brighton so the early settlers got large plots of cheap land but no roads worthy of the name. On the left is a view of the front of the bungalow with just a grass track before it.
Image Reference: JG_35_008.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 153x108
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by the various benefactors of the collection.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society