This old farm, once quietly self-contained in its remote fold of the Downs, has more and more come under the threat of spoliation. First the widening of Mill Road in 1930, then the growth of Waterhall Golf Club and finally the decision of Brighton Corporation to lay out a large area of the farm as playing fields. Here are three photographs of the farm cottages which housed some of the workers, and which faced on to the track leading up to the Golf Course.
Photographed on 22 March 1970, they were demolished in April and November 1971.
Image Reference: JG_35_169.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 150x110
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by the various benefactors of the collection.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society