THE ROAD TO WEST BLATCHINGTON
Two photographs, taken probably in the years between 1900 and the first World war, showing the old, narrow, country road which wended its way from the top of Sackville Road to the distant hamlet of West Blatchington. This photograph is easily recognisable as Goldstone Waterworks, with its still existent chimney, also to the right the open area of Hove Park, opened in 1906 and distant houses in the area of Dyke Road. The photographer was probably standing near the spot where the present Nevill Road divides from Court Farm Road. The wall to the extreme left is there to this day.
Image Reference: JG_36_010.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 154x75
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Friends of West Blatchington Mill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society