Demolition of the ornate entrance containing the pay-boxes and supporting the clock tower (seen on other pages) during the winter of 1928/29. The statues seem to have weathered well during their 50 odd years’ exposure to the elements. Note the advertisement for the Southdown Holiday Tours for 1928, and the elegant light globes introduced for the first time in May 1928.

Image Reference: JG_04_181.tif
Date: 1928-1929
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 255x190
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Ulla Dunlop in memory of her husband, Dr Ian Dunlop
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society