KINGS HEAD INN, WEST STREET
The original Inn on this site dated from the early seventeenth century, and was known as the George, and later as the Old George. It was from this Inn that King Charles 11 made his escape to France on 15 October 1651. After the restoration of the Inn, about 1770, the name was changed to the Kings Head.
The yard to the left of the Inn led to the Brewery of Vallance, Catt & Co., otherwise known as the West Street Brewery, the premises having been occupied as such since about 1750.
Image Reference: JG_7_002.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 92x74
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society