Another photograph of 27 November 1966, of 77 West Street. Once described as a “commodious and commanding family mansion”, it was considered to be one of the best houses in West Street during the mid-19th century. It remained in private occupation until 1881. After two years as a restaurant, it was bought for offices by the Brighton and Hove General Gas Company. In 1929 the premises were extended through into Middle Street. Just before these photographs were taken South Eastern Gas Board gave up the building after 83 years occupation.
Image Reference: JG_7_008.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 145x106
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society