OLD WEST STREET
Another view of old West Street about 1910. Slightly more traffic about, but no change in the appearance or character of the street. Animated photography, evidently early motion pictures, were on show in the building later known as Sherrys. Brighton Corporation decided to widen West Street, by setting back the west side, in 1926.
A start was made in the following year at the north west corner of the street.
Image Reference: JG_7_061.tif
Image Details: Post Card
Size of Original: 88x138
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society