SITE OF REGENT ARCADE
The creation of this arcade in the early 1960’s involved demolition of premises occupied by probably the oldest established business in Brighton.
Wallis, Holder & Lee had been in Market Street, lately at 14 & 15, since 1804 when the business was started by the Mr Isaac Bass. They vacated these premises at Easter 1959, but it was a little later when the shop at the rear, 2 Bartholomews was acquired.
These photographs were taken on April 26th 1960 and the buildings were removed soon afterwards. The Arcade was opened in 1962.
Image Reference: JG_09_003.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 122x155
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Brighton Town Press
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society