Looking across to the north side of the square, or, to be precise, to Nos. 12/14 Pavilion Buildings, as really this is not a square. Beyond, far right, is the empty site where Needhams had been until 1930. This tells us that the year is 1930/31 for by the following year Electricity Showrooms had been built here. Also all the motor-busses are still open-top. The covered in busses were first introduced in 1939.

Image Reference: JG_09_113.tif
Date: 1930-31
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 71x130
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Brighton Town Press
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society