Two photographs copied from postcards of about 1908 vintages. Wrongly described as of Kings Road, which never existed in Hove, they are of Hove Terrace. This consisted of the line of Coastguard Cottages, with just a few houses beyond. One of these was Dial House, one of a pair of very old houses. It had an elegant doorway and was faced with black mathematical tiles. The house in this photograph can be clearly picked out in the aerial view on the previous page. It was removed in the late 1930s and the site was derelict for many years before the small block of flats, called Essex House, was built there. At the side of Dial House was the lane that led to Ivy Cottages, alas now gone!

Image Reference: JG_12_119.tif
Date: c.1908
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 153x100
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society