Here is a view of Whitecross Street looking towards Trafalgar Street. this seems to have been built about 1843. Many years ago, until 1888, the corner shop, 13 Cheapside, was a small beer house called Napoleon the Third. The side wall inscription is as follows:- NAPOLEON THE THIRD CARTER’S HOME BREWED ALES AND STOUT STATION BREWERY, VINE STREET FAMILIES SUPPLIED WITH CASKS FROM 3 GALLONS UPWARDS This small brewery was originally at 8 Station Street, hence the name Station Brewery. It kept this name when it moved to 24/25 Vine Street, where it remained until 1891.

Image Reference: JG_25_238.tif
Date: 1959
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 157x106
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society