These photographs, taken on 4 January 1953, show the site of Brighton’s new South Woodingdean Council House Estate, as it was before development started. The somewhat derelict bungalows shown were mostly built before 1928, before the area was absorbed into the Brighton Borough and, therefore, not subject to the Borough byelaws.

Image Reference: JG_33_101.tif
Date: 1953
Image Details:
Size of Original: 108x63
Additional Information:

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society