BRIGHTON, HOVE AND SUSSEX GRAMMAR SCHOOL – USED AS A HOSPITAL
Within a year of its opening, immediately following the outbreak of War the premises were acquired for use as a hospital, and the notice (in previous photograph) mentioned that the school will return in September, 1914, to the old premises in Buckingham Road. The new school reopened in 1919 and has been occupied as such ever since.
Image Reference: JG_17_006.tif
Image Details: Post card
Size of Original: 140x88
Additional Information: Arrival of our brave wounded soldiers at brighton(entering Grammar School which is converted into a hospital).
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society