Early in 1947 Brighton Corporation took steps to purchase compulsorily the 7 1/2-acre Sylvan Hall Estate at the junction of Ditchling Road and the Upper Lewes Road. At that time four large Victorian Houses stood there in extensive grounds. These were respectively Sylvan Hall, Hill Lodge, Woodfield Lodge and 28, Ditchling Road. As these old houses were removed, blocks of two and three storey flats were erected, and the first of these were occupied early in 1951.
WOODFIELD LODGE: This house stood in nearly 3 acres of wooded land and was approached by a drive that led in from Ditchling Road, with a rear entrance in Wakefield Road. Demolished 1951. Photographed 27 May 1951.

Image Reference: JG_20_061.tif
Date: 1951
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 66x47
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by a number of Individual Donors
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society