The original photograph, from which this was copied, was taken in the year 1908, from a house on the east side of Dyke Road, now numbered 312. In that year there were but a few houses above the Dyke Road Hotel (now Dyke Tavern), and none at all on the west side. The view is across the tramway lines to the cultivated area of King’s Farm. On the extreme right is Goldstone waterworks and the line of the narrow lane, now Nevill Road, can be traced down to its unction with Old Shoreham Road. The prominent chimney is that of the Hove Refuse destructor, and the one behind it is of one the laundries in the Portland road area. The tree almost marks the corner of the present Onslow Road.

Image Reference: JG_26_063.tif
Date: 1908
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 203x141
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Anne Moncrieff
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society