BRIGHTON’S SLUMS – CHALK FARM
This ancient block of 7 flint houses was unknown to most old Brightonians and the present generation has probably never heard the name. They were to be found well down Sussex Place, at the foot of Richmond Street and backed on to the houses of Grand Parade.
The origin of the name has been lost in obscurity though there may well have been a farm near here at the end of the 18th century.
Photographed in 1919, the year in which they were demolished.
Image Reference: JG_27_015.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 95x143
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Lavander Jones and Duncan McNeill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society