WEST BLATCHINGTON TWITTEN
This formed part of an ancient footpath leading from the Chalybeate at Wick, over the railway and across the Old Shoreham Road, through farmland later Hove Park and ending at West Blatchington. For many years this stretch west of the Park was enclosed between high hedges but was fenced when the Greyhound Stadium was built in 1928.
When the Alliance Building Society bought this site for their new head Office, Hove Corporation had to give authority for the public right-of-way to be expunged.
Image Reference: JG_36_003.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 150x94
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Friends of West Blatchington Mill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society