This area lay to the north of Tongdean Lane, roughly in the fork formed by that road and Valley Drive. At this period, 1906, there were many similar smallholdings here on land owned by Lady Ogle, of Withdean Court. Just off the picture, to the right, were some houses, then called Allotment Cottages, which now form part of Valley Drive. On the sloping ground beyond, Colebrook Road and Hillbrow Road were laid out during the 1920s. This particular plot was roughly opposite the steps leading down from Redhill Drive.

Image Reference: JG_34_186.tif
Date: 1906
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 205x133
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society