At the time of this photograph this area was in Patcham parish and was somewhat remote from Brighton. Lady Ogle, who lived at nearby Withdean Court, had previously owned it. The first houses (not shown in this photograph) were built about 1902 and were known as Allotment Cottages. Later the name was changed to Reynolds Avenue, after Mr Reynolds, for many years bailiff to Lady Ogle

Image Reference: JG_34_187.tif
Date: 1925
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 152x96
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society