Here is an usual view of the church, without its steeple. It was erected in 1848 and it was intended to complete the tower with a stone spire. It was feared that the additional weight would make the tower unsafe, so the spire was never added. Instead, a temporary cap, here shown was provided, until the erection of the present wooden steeple in 1875.
Image Reference: JG_7_014.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 79x137
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Brighton Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society